Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Top Picks!

Gavin and I were having a discussion about the best romantic comedy movies of all time. So, I decided to come up with my TOP TEN! Now none of these included the classic romances like Pride and Prejudice...just romantic comedies. There are some that I really like that didn't make the mark. Now this is MY top ten list. Everyone's list is a little bit different. My list considers what Gavin will actually watch with me.

#1- You've Got Mail - This movie is " the I Ching"! The pinnacle of romantic comedy.
#2- Music and Lyrics - If you watched this and didn't think it was the cutest thing ever...you need to watch it again. Drew Barrymore is adorable and Hugh Grant is too funny! Everytime I watch this movie..."Pop goes my heart"!
#3- 50 First Dates - Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler have the best chemistry in this movie. It's definitely my favorite movie with him.
#4- One Fine Day - I love Michelle Pfeiffer in this. I could watch this movie over and over.
#5- Hitch - I do like Will Smith in this, but I mostly love it for Kevin James and Amber Valetta's characters. I also love all the pathetic guys who end up with the women they love. So cute!
#6- While You Were Sleeping - Absolute Classic! What else can you say?
#7 - Wimbledon - I love Paul Bettany! I normally am not a big fan of Kirsten Dunst, but I actually like her in this one. It makes you want to play tennis! Love/Love!
#8- French Kiss - Who would've thought that Kevin Kline could play a scruffy Frenchmen who smokes and still come off charming?
#9- The Holiday - This would be a little higher on my list if not for one HUGE flaw. I can't stand Cameron Diaz's character in this. She's so annoying. Jude Law, Kate Winslet, and Jack Black are adorable, and I like Cameron Diaz in some things...this just was not one of them.
#10- Just Like Heaven - This didn't do well in the theaters, but I really liked it. Reese Witherspoon did awesome.

Sorry to the movies that came close, but just missed the mark. My Big Fat Greek Wedding, My Best Friend's Wedding, Sleepless in Seattle, Notting Hill, Moonstruck, The Princess Bride, and a few others.